Have you always wanted to make a delicious, yet simple pasta sauce from really basic ingredients, even though you are not a whiz in the kitchen?
Well do I have recipe for you!
I reckon that even Stephanie Alexander would probably agree (if she ever read this blog of course).
Now, I am going to make this even easier, because all of the ingredients are easy to grow at home in your very own backyard. Even if you don’t have your own veggie patch, then all items can be source at your local green grocer.
The fresher the ingredients are, the better this sauce will taste.
Gav’s Simple Pasta Sauce
- 1 cup Fresh Basil, roughly chopped
- ½ cup Fresh Oregano, roughly chopped
- 3 small or 1 large brown onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, unpeeled and smashed
- 800 gm Fresh or canned Tomatoes.
- splash of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- On a medium heat, add about 2 Tablespoons of oil to a large frying pan.
- Add the onions, and fry until translucent.
- Add all other ingredients, stir, then cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste, and serve immediately onto fresh home made pasta!
Now that wasn’t too hard, was it? You certainly do not have to be a Master Chef to make this simple pasta sauce. Not only is it delicious, but it is nutritious as well. No artificial anything and straight from the garden.
So what can you use this sauce on? Well you could try my home made Ravioli, or home-made Fettuccine, or even my home-made Spaghetti. Really, any pasta will do, even if you haven’t made it yourself. This sauce will enhance any pasta meal.
So what do you think of this pasta sauce? Easy or what?