Once the legs are clean, holding the chook firmly, we dunk each leg into olive oil that we store in a 2 litre (2qt) icecream container. Ben holds the container so that the hen doesn’t kick it over. Once the legs are coated, we let the excess drip off, then release the chook into the chicken run.
We use this routine if any one of the girls gets infected, by treating the entire flock;
- Week One – clean and apply treatment
- Week Two – treatment only
- Week Three – treatment only
- Week Four – treatment only
- Week Eight – treatment only
- Week Twelve – treatment only