With World Environment Day upon us here in Australia, it is a great day to celebrate. The theme this year is “Co2, Kick the habit. Towards a low carbon economy”. So lets do it, with or without our governments help.
Here are some simple things that our family has done to reduce our CO2 habit;
- Wash clothes in cold water
- Drive less
- Walk Ben to school each day come rain or shine
- Minimise clothes dryer usage and use the outside clothes line
- Turn down the temperature on your hot water system
- Grow your own organic vegetables
- Switch to GreenPower
- Change as many light bulbs to LED or CFL
- Turn off lights when the room is empty
- Turn off appliances in standby mode off at the wall when not in use
- Catch public transport where possible, when travelling long distances (over 10 km)
- Use rail or coaches instead of flying interstate
- Buy reusable shopping bags, and remember to take them shopping
- Compost your food scraps, or grow worms
Great tips that will not cost you the earth, but will cost the planet and its inhabitants, if you don’t find time to start kicking the habit. The choice is yours alone, so give it a go. It is painless, we know from experience, and you feel good when you do.
Comments build lively communities. Let me know your thoughts, but keep it clean and green! Spam is removed instantly.