Anonymous 10 December 2009 11:35 AM
Gavin, have you read any of the treaties? Or are you just another sheepish alarmist on the "CO2 is evil" bandwagon? I doubt you are being paid by anyone, so I conclude that you are just as brainwashed as the rest of the neo hippie zombies mindlessly cheerleading the biggest fraud ever perpetuated on human kind. It really is very sad. If you had read the documentation, you would realise the following:
• Only the west will pay and have to reduce emissions
• "Rich" western nations will pay anything up to 2% of their GDP as a carbon tax (Australias 2009 GDP was 1015 Billion dollars)
• This tax is to fund a massive global government beurocracy with something in the order of 700 new departments with more acronyms than you can poke a stick at.
• In addition there will be levies on greenhouse gas emissions
• Allowances to emit will be auctioned off. If you cant afford them, you cannot emit.
• A uniform global levy of $2 per tonne of CO2 for ALL fossil fuel emissions
• Levies on emissions from international aviation. This means every airfare except those going in and out of "poorer" nations
• a 2% share of "climate debt" to poorer nations
• A global levy on international monetary transactions (every transaction across international borders will attract a 2% tax)
• Penalties and unlimited fines for those who don't comply, which will be enforced by a global "Green" police force.
Can you afford all these taxes? I know I can't, and sure as hell my children will not be able to afford them either. And be aware that this is only the beginning of what theyre proposing.
I have some advice for you: Until you have read the treaties coming out of Copenhagen and understand the agenda of the corrupt and power hungry elites running this farce, then shut up.
Thank you Anonymous for your well researched comment. Now, not being one to back down from my beliefs, I did a bit of research myself. The comment was posted via an IP address that is owned and assigned to News Limited via their internet gateway in Sydney. This is the very same News Limited that owns at least 70% of the media publications in this country. Now not wanting to illegally dig any deeper into their network via whois, when I got home today, I did a bit of Googling to see if I could match any of the phrases used in the comment.
Well as sure as eggs are oval shaped, I found two journalists who write for the Herald Sun, who had writing styles matching the way the comment was written. Then again, I could be wrong and it could just be a normal News Limited employee and I will not resort to slander. So, due to the wonder of the internet, we find that the anonymous comment is now not so anonymous! What would Rupert think of this, seeing he is fully behind the parent company's push to become carbon neutral by 2010. A very naughty employee indeed.
So here is my reply;
Dear Anon. No, I am not paid by anyone, but you obviously are. Your name calling is very impolite, as is your assumption that I have not read the proposed treaties. I have read what detail is currently available and fully realise the ramifications of the proposal. The western way of life has caused the issues we now face, so it should only be fitting that we pay for our mistakes. I for one am very happy to pay these taxes, because the mere fact that a tax exists means that you actually consume something to get taxed upon. This is quite contrary to the sustainable lifestyle I lead which is geared towards lowering consumption, therefore less tax, if you had have done your research. I strive to consume less.
Neo hippy zombie? I don't think so. Free thinking realist, most definitely. I have carefully considered both sides of the argument and even if the elevated change in climate we are experiencing is some how magically not caused by humans, then my behaviour of consuming less will actually leave some resources behind for future generations, who will reap the benefit either way.
So until you stop hiding from behind the thin veneer the anonymous tag gives you, I believe that the final word is mine. So I kindly recommend that you get your head out of your arse, and shut up yourself!
So on that note, here is the next video in the COPtv series by GetUP! Australia.