This is a continuation of the previous post.
Week 5. No More Pool Pump.
Week 7 to 10. A Sustainable Result.
Our first 11 weeks gave us a fantastic result. The weekly average for electricity was 14.9 kWh per day for the week. That was a reduction of 52.1% from our baseline week! All very simple things to do, without spending too much money. The only expenditure for this part of the project was for the CFL’s and I haven’t replaced one since I bought them over a year ago. We managed to continue at a relatively steady base line for the next four weeks (see graph).
I was so impressed with our efforts. This put us in a good place for the installation of our solar photovoltaic array. During week 11 I ordered a 2.8 kW system from the team at Energy Matters, however installation was not due until September 2007, but that was another challenge!
I will continue with the other eco hotspots in the following posts.