I don’t know if I mentioned this so it may be news to some. A TV crew from Channel 7 New came over last Wednesday to film a story about how we live a more sustainable lifestyle. They were here for about 3 hours, and took lots of footage both outside and in.
I have been informed that it is airing tonight in Melbourne, Victoria, Adelaide, South Australia, and Perth, Western Australia during the nightly news bulletin somewhere in between 6 and 7 pm.
So if you are from Melbourne, Adelaide, or Perth and have come through to the blog, a big hearty Welcome to the Greening of Gavin blog and podcast!
There is lots to see and learn from the blog. Check out the About page to get a feel for what it is about, then browse through the menu items above and see what takes your fancy.
Since the time of my family’s green awakening, we began to learn and re-learn skills and my kids have learnt a great deal by following my lead. Click through to each tutorial.
- How to build a chook house,
- How to build a greenhouse,
- How to build raised garden beds,
- How to grow fruit and vegetables and many sub skills that go with it,
- How to care for chickens,
- Basic irrigation design,
- Energy efficiency,
- How to preserve fruit and vegetables,
- How to make beer,
- How to make liquid fertiliser,
- How to perform an energy audit,
- How to make many types of cheese,
- How to make soap, and
- How to build a cob oven.
Don’t forget to check out my cheese blog as well. You can find it at www.littlegreencheese.com . Lots of video tutorials and cheese making recipes to learn and make.
I hope you will stick around to see what the blog has to offer.