I am so excited!
Firstly a video message from yours truly. You need to watch this so that the rest of the post makes sense!
So here are the questions:
- What documentary am I referring to in the video?
- What are the names of my current 8 chickens?
- When did I first write about Peak Oil?
- Name the very first cheese I ever made?
- What is the name of the disease that you have if caught in the consumer culture?
- And finally, Who did I interview in Podcast #20?
I realise that it is a big list of questions, but I wanted to make this a bit like a treasure hunt, and a bit of fun. Once again the prize is a book titled “The Armchair Environmentalist – 3 minute-a-day action plan to save the world”, by Karen Christensen, which I will post anywhere in the world. Just be the first person to answer all of the questions correctly and post them in a comment! I will give you 2 days in which to guess.
Good luck in the treasure hunt, and as I mentioned, here is to the next 1000 posts!
Warmly and yours in greening,
Frugal Queen says
tell!!! how did you do that? the cartoony thing? and when did you get an english accent?
john (dad) says
congratulations on your 1000 blog gav. been family i know most of the answers so ill let someone else have a go.
What a cool gadget! Congrats Gavin.
Congratulations on your 1000 post milestone!
Congratulations Gavin. Cool animation.
Michael from Canberra says
Congrats on this massive milestone Gavin!
Here is my submission for the giveaway.
• What documentary am I referring to in the video? – The inconvenient truth
• What are the names of my current 8 chickens? – Daisy, Jane Austin, Polly, Gracie, Esther, Bab, Edwina, & Bunty
• When did I first write about Peak Oil? – Monday, 10 March 2008
• Name the very first cheese I ever made? – Feta
• What is the name of the disease that you have if caught in the consumer culture? – Affluenza
• And finally, Who did I interview in Podcast #20? – Darren Collins from green-change.com
Congratulations on 1000 posts. Keep up the good work.
hearty congrats gavin! enjoy your milestone.
That is a awesome video thingee that you did. Congrats on the 1000th posts, look forward to reading more of them.
BZ Gavin, 1000 posts is a wonderful milestone to have achieved, and a LOT of writing, podcasting, videoing, etc.
1. Al Gore’s “Inconvenient Truth”
2. Bantam-Poppy, boss hen – Bunty, then Edwina, Esther, Babs, Gracie, Jane Austin and Daisy. There were also Pippa, the other little banty who died, Jennifer, your favourite who died recently, and Mr Darcy who wasn’t welcome in the neighbourhood.
3. 6 March 2008 was the first time you mentioned peak oil.
4. Feta cheese
6. Darren Collins of green-chance.com
It was interesting visiting the early posts and seeing how far you and your family have come, and what big changes have come about on your little green homestead.
oh and Polly, one of the original hens, who died a couple of years ago. I’ve lost track now of how many hens that is in total…all of mine are called Henny Penny – all 50 of them, it’s just easier 🙂
Gavin Webber says
@ Froogs, the software is found at xtranormal.com
@ Dad, thanks mate.
@ Rose, Theanne, veggiegobbler, cheers ladies.
@ Michael. You are the winner mate. Well done. Send through your details.
@ Donna, Prue and Sheridan. Cheers
@ Dawn. You were close. You even named all the chooks I ever had owned. And all the questions right except #3. It was 10th March 2008.
Congratulations! Certainly something to celebrate. I love reading your blog and have been doing so for a while now. You are an inspiration and a reminder of what we can all do to make this world a better place. I’m always amazed at how much you achieve – where do you find the energy?! Looking forward to the next 1000 🙂
Gavin Webber says
Thanks Casey, you made me blush!