Yes folks, I finally planted my remaining grape vines! However, I did a lot more work than just throwing in a few cuttings.
This weekend, we went from this mess,
and this mess. What an eyesore.
Then slowly transformed it into a bit of this, (landscaping with pebbles)
and some of this, (a succulent garden for Kim)
and finally this.
Here is the completed project. I now have four grape vines, just starting to bud at the base of each post. Hopefully each one will grow like crazy and I can train them up the post and up to the wires then along the arbour
I have a sultana for eating and drying, a ruby seedless for eating and preserving, and two Merlot vines for making wine. Two vines because the berries and bunches of this grape are very small.
I know that it will be a few years before I even get anything that looks like a grape, but that gives me time to learn how to make wine! I can start with fruit wines and work myself up to the real deal.
Thankfully all finished in time for Sustainable House Day next Sunday. Only 7 days to go and we are excited!
It was a great way to spend fathers day and all the kids either helped, called or popped around for a visit. What more could a Dad ask for.